C/2LT Jayson Adams- S1
I am Cadet Second Lieutenant Jayson Adams. I am responsible for taking care of JUMS and participation at all events. Currently I am on drill team and I have
Adjutant/ Personnel Officer (S-1): The S-1 is the Battalion Administrative Officer. The S-1 is responsible for preparing award and promotion orders, and for maintaining current records on all cadets in the Battalion. He performs other administrative details as the Battalion Commander and JROTC Instructors may direct. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain cadet records through the use of the JUMS program.
- Receive request orders form the Company Commanders.
- Maintain the S-1 area in a high state of readiness and neatness.
- Publish orders for promotion and awards.
- Maintain accurate accountability at all Battalion formations.
C/CPT Benjamin Troy Brooks - S2
I am cadet Captain Benjamin Troy Brooks. I am responsible for the accountability of everything in the arms room and keeping it clean. Within JROTC I am on drill team and Military Honor Society, in my school I am apart of the National Honor Society. After high school I am planning to go to SCC for two years to get my degree in welding and then join the Army or National Guard.
Security Officer (S-2): The S-2 is the Battalion Security Officer. She is primarily responsible for the enforcement of security. The S-2 also performs other administrative details as the Battalion Commander and JROTC Instructors may direct. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintaining an up to date list of all merits and demerits for each cadet.
- Submitting a balanced report of all merits and demerits to the SAI at the end of each grading period.
- Conducts a monthly serial number inventory of all weapons and sensitive items in the arms room.
- Responsible for conducting the counseling program for the battalion.
C/2LT Asher Stubbs- S3
My name is Cadet Second Lieutenant Asher Stubbs and I am the Cavalier Battalion S-3 for the 2019-2020 school year my responsibilities and tasks as the S-3 (the Operations officer) are: take charge of an event and make sure everything runs well and that the assignment set by the BC and/or XO is completed, making sure that an operations center is established (approved by SAI and AIs) for all the events necessary. I am a member of the Drill Team, Beta Club, Military Honors Society, Nationals Honors Society, and Medical Honors Society. I am also a member of Dorman's Debate Club. After high school, I plan to get in an graduate medical school to serve as a Navy Doctor.
Operations and Training Officer (S-3): The Battalion S-3 Officer assists the JROTC instructors in the conduct of training and general operation of similar functions in the battalion. The S-3 supervises the training and operations of the battalion and is the coordinator of Battalion Operations. The S-3 must coordinate the input of all staff functions and create the plans for all activities. The S-3 is the primary planner for all overall activities and combines all requirements into a memorandum of instruction for each function. He keeps the commander advised on the progress of all training and prepares the required area for ceremonies. Other duties include:
- Assuming command of the battalion in the absence of the Battalion Commander and Executive Officer.
- Establish the Operations Center for all activities.
- Posting monthly training schedules on bulletin board and battalion website.
- Conducting Planning sequentially, so that draft plans are circulated for review and updated. Final MIO should be published one month prior to the activity.
- Coordinating and conducting the requirements for each function.
C/2LT Evaline Ny - S4
I am Cadet 2LT Evaline Ny. I am the S-4 Logistics Officer. I am in charge of the battalion supply rooms. I keep the supply rooms clean and ready for uniform issue. I am in charge of issuing uniforms and keeping inventory. I work two jobs, I am on Drill, Raider, Cyber-patroit, Military Honors Society and National Honor Society. I plan on going into the Navy as a CTI and I plan on opening my own auto body shop when I come back after my two terms.
Logistic Officer (S-4): The Battalion S-4 Officer assists the JROTC instructors in all logistical matters. She is responsible for the maintenance of equipment, security of the supply room, maintaining supply records, and the issue and turn-in of all JROTC property. Other duties include:
- Proper entry of all required data on cadet clothing records (Includes JUMS).
- Maintaining security of all items of clothing and equipment in the supply room.
- Maintaining the supply room in a neat and orderly fashion at all times.
- Directs and supervise the Cadet Supply Sergeant to insure that he or she is familiar with and capable of performing all required duties in the supply room.
- Keep a running inventory of all supplies and informs the JROTC instructor immediately of any discrepancies noted.
C/2LT Kayla Rowland - S7
I am Cadet 2LT Kayla Rowland. I am the S-7 public Affairs Officer for the 2018-2019 school year. I have been part of this amazing program for 4 years. I am part of the Military Honors Society. After high school I would like to study abnormal Psychology . I love helping others so I’m sure nursing is a great way to do that. I would also like to translate for any Spanish speaking patients. I hope all of you enjoy this year and do the best you guys can.
Public Affairs Officer (S-5): The S-5 is the Public Affairs Officer (PAO) for the battalion. The S-5 is responsible for publishing a monthly JROTC newsletter and notifying the public of all JROTC activities. It is through the PAO that all newspaper articles and TV coverage are released. Other duties include:
- Keeping the cadets and public informed of upcoming events and writing articles for publication.
- Arranging for pictures and video coverage of all major activities.
- Maintaining the JROTC display cabinets and bulletin boards with cadet activities.
- Perform as the Battalion Historian and maintaining scrapbooks of JROTC related events and information
- Preparing and supervising the battalion recruiting plan.
- Perform as the battalion liaison officer with the school’s Annual and Newspaper.